Adsense

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ok, my friends do you love Mexican food? Yes. Ok, do you love bell peppers? Yep! Well, boy do I have a recipe for you today. I have combined the amazing goodness of Mexican food and bell peppers into one amazing dish. Ok, enough talking let's hop into my kitchen and cook up...


Step-by-Step Photos



Gather ingredients and cookware.



Prepare brown rice according to package. I also use this brown rice recipe too.


Preheat oven to 350F.


Pull the stem of the bell pepper out.


Cut the bell pepper in half like pictured above.


Pull out the core and seeds. I would also suggest removing as much of the white membrane you can. Repeat for each bell pepper.


Chop 1/3 of an onion.


Mince 1 garlic clove.


Place 1/2 pound ground beef in a medium bowl and season with a few dashes of black pepper and seasoning salt. Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder. Mix the meat and spices together with hands.


Spray a large pot with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.


Add ground beef and cook until done or about 5-7 minutes.


Add chopped onion, minced garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon lime juice. Cook for another 3 minutes. Mmmmm who doesn't love the smell of ground beef, onions, and garlic cooking together!?


Add 7 ounces black beans, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, and 3 ounces tomato paste. 


Mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Taste and add salt or more cayenne to your liking. I usually add a bit more of both.


Fill the bell peppers halfway with the mixture.


Add cheese


Layer more mixture on top of the cheese.


Repeat for all the bell pepper halves. Place the filled bell peppers in an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish and cover with foil.


Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle cheese on top of bell peppers. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.


Serve and enjoy!

I love this dish because it's a great filling dinner with a good added dose of vegetables. The bell peppers will be soft, yet still crisp so if you want a more soft bell pepper I suggest you bake them for another 5-10 minutes until done at desired softness. If you make this recipe, take a picture and use the hashtag #t42mexicanpeppers  on Instagram or Twitter! Also I made a new Twitter account for the blog so if you have followed me in the past, I would greatly appreciate it if you would follow me again! Click on the Twitter link above or you can find all my social media at the top right hand side of the blog!

What's your favorite way to use bell peppers in a recipe?


Parties I link up to: Craft DictatorLiving Better TogetherThe Best Blog RecipesLittle Miss CelebrationSix Sisters' StuffThe Foley FamSay Not Sweet AnneRae Gun RamblingsNifty Thrifty ThingsLou Lou GirlsDizzy, Busy, and HungryTurning the Clock BackVintage GwenSomeday CraftsPlace of my TasteSweet Bella Roos

4 comments:

  1. Love stuffed peppers & Mexican food! Looks delicious. I found you through the Show & Share link up. Nice one again! I'd love it if you stopped by my blog when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy and try this one out. I would love to hear about it if you try it out. I'll definitely stop by your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious! Love it! Pinned. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope you get a chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. say that this article is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I like to look more posts like this. Please visit my web site sonebet.com. Best Online Sports Betting service provider.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...