Adsense

Monday, July 2, 2012

Breaded Baked Chicken


Yay! It's my first recipe. Ok, so this recipe has seriously become a staple in our household. I have perfected this recipe to at least the flavors that my husband and I enjoy. Trust me it is very rare that I make a recipe for the first time and it comes out REALLY good. It usually takes me a couple times before I get it just right for our tastes. Anyways, I adapted my recipe from a recipe called Baked Chicken Cutlets in this book. The changes I made were pretty much the measurements of the ingredients. So this recipe is a simple breaded chicken recipe except it's baked instead of fried. I usually like to serve this with rice and corn, but you can serve it with whatever your family enjoys the most.

Breaded Baked Chicken

Printer Friendly

Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20-23 minutes Total: 40 minutes

Ingredients
4 chicken tenderloins or 2 chicken breasts filleted
Salt, pepper, seasoning salt
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1-2 eggs
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp canola oil
Cooking spray
Sides:
1 cup water
1/2 cup rice
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 Tbsp butter (optional)

Cookware: 
1 cutting board
1 knife (optional)
3 medium bowls
1 spoon
whisk
1 baking sheet
1 brush


Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Lay out chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts on cutting board. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt on both sides.
3. Take the 3 bowls and set up a breading station (see picture below). In the bowl on the left, put the seasoned bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. In the bowl in the middle, put the eggs. If you have 6 or more pieces of chicken use 2 eggs, but if less than 6 pieces just use one egg. In the last bowl, put the whole wheat flour. Season each bowl with a few dashes of salt and pepper. Whisk the egg until beaten well and stir the contents of the other bowls together.
4. Set out a plate to place the chicken after covering in the flour. Take a piece of chicken, place in the bowl with the flour, cover thoroughly, shake off excess, and place on the plate. 
5. Brush your baking sheet with the canola oil.
6. Take the floured chicken and dip in egg, place in bread crumbs, cover thoroughly, shake off excess, and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces of chicken are done.
7. Spray the chicken with cooking spray.
8. Cook chicken for 10 - 11 minutes on each side until golden brown.
9. Enjoy!


Step by Step Photo


















Gather ingredients and cookware.

Preheat oven to 400F.



Lay out chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts on cutting board. If using chicken breasts, use a knife like the one above and cut horizontally in the middle of the chicken breast. Cut from the top of the breast down to the tip using the part of the knife closest to the handle. This should yield 4-6 pieces of chicken. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt on both sides.


 Take the 3 bowls and set up a breading station. In the bowl on the left, put the seasoned bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. In the bowl in the middle, put the eggs. If you have 6 or more pieces of chicken use 2 eggs, but if less than 6 pieces just use one egg. In the last bowl, put the whole wheat flour.


Season each bowl with a few dashes of salt and pepper. Whisk the egg until beaten well and stir the contents of the other bowls together.


This is just how I setup my area right before I start covering my chicken in flour. Take a piece of chicken, place in the bowl with the flour, cover thoroughly, shake off excess, and place on the plate. I like to flour my chicken before dipping in the egg and bread crumb mixture because it makes less of a mess. I usually wash my hands after this step.


This is how the chicken should look after covered in the flour.


 Brush your baking sheet with the canola oil.


This is my setup before I dip the chicken in the egg and bread crumb mixture. Take the floured chicken and dip in egg, place in bread crumbs, cover thoroughly, shake off excess, and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces of chicken are done. Tip: I use my right hand to dip the chicken in the egg and move to the next bowl and then I use my left hand to cover the chicken in the bread crumb mixture. This usually just keeps my hands a little bit cleaner.


This is the chicken fully breaded on the baking sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray.


Bake in the oven for 10 minutes on each side. If using chicken breasts, I usually cook for about 11 1/2 minutes on each side. This is also when I start making my rice and corn. Boil 1 cup of water in small sauce pan on high heat. When water is boiling, add 1/2 cup rice. Lower heat to low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until water is no longer visible in pot. For the corn I boil about a Tbsp of water, add butter and 1 cup of frozen corn. I cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.


This is the chicken flipped on the other side after 10 minutes of cooking. Cook for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Plate up with rice and corn and enjoy!

Let me know if you try this recipe and how it comes out! I hope everyone enjoys this recipe! Have a wonderful day!

Katrina








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...