Adsense

Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Packets

Well I'm finally back with another recipe post! If you don't know why I've been gone just click here. So my go to breakfast in the morning has been oatmeal lately.... yep even in the summer. I think it's my little bit of comfort food for the day. Anyways I was buying the instant packets every week and I thought there has to be a way that I can make this on my own. So I headed to Pinterest and found this recipe

I decided to try it out and I love it but I thought adding raisins would make it even better. Yep, you guessed it, it made the oatmeal even better! So I've been prepping these on Sunday night so I have my instant oatmeal packets all ready for the week! It's so easy and saving us tons of money each week! Ok, on to the recipe and of course the pictures.



DIY Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Packets

Printer Friendly

Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Total time: 6 minutes
Servings: 1 packet

Ingredients

1/3 cup quick oats
1 tsp powdered non-dairy creamer
Dash of salt
3 tsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 oz raisins

Cookware

1/3 measuring cup
Teaspoon
1/4 teaspoon
Snack bags

Preparation

1. Combine all the ingredients in a snack bag.
2. Add 1/2-2/3 cup water*.
3. Microwave for 1 minute.
4. Let stand for 3 minutes. Enjoy!

*Note: The more creamy/watery you want your oatmeal the more water you put. The more thick/dry you want your oatmeal the less water you put. So creamy/watery = more water and thick/dry = less water. I usually put a little less than 1/2 cup because I like mine thick/dry.

Adapted from: A Season for All Things

Step-by-Step Photos


.


Another suggestion I offer is instead of using raisins I've added fruit like half a banana or half a nectarine. Now I chopped this up and added it into my bowl before microwaving it. The nectarine was still crunchy which was nice and added more sweetness. The banana seriously makes the oatmeal take like banana's foster! So far the banana is my favorite!

Hopefully this helps breakfast go faster and saves you money, too! The different combinations for this are endless! What other combinations do you want to try?



Parties I link up to: Rae Gun Ramblings Vintage Gwen Southern Lovely 504 Main Romance on a Dime Someday Crafts The Mandatory Mooch The Shabby Creek Cottage Living Better Together Tatertots and Jello Whipperberry Chef in Training The Tasty Fork Nifty Thrifty Things Homemaker on a Dime The Foley Fam This Gal Cooks Say Not Sweet Anne Anyonita Nibbles Be Different, Act Normal Six Sisters' Stuff Sweet Bella Roos

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...