So, this is one of Isaac's favorites because of the BACON! Seriously, add bacon to any dish and it's going to be a hit with practically anybody. I posted a little sneak peek of this recipe yesterday and lot's of people were excited! Let's go to my kitchen and get started!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 5 chicken & bacon rolls
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenderloins
5 slices bacon
Large cutting board
Small sauce pan
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut chicken into tenderloins. Place plastic wrap over chicken and pound to about 1/4 inch thick with a small sauce pan.
3. Season both sides of each chicken piece with black pepper, seasoning salt, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and parsley.
4. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
5. Place one slice of bacon under each piece of chicken. Roll up bacon and chicken together.
6. Place chicken seam side down in prepared pan. If chicken will not stay rolled up, use a toothpick to keep together.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked completely.
8. Serve with rice and veggies, and enjoy!
Adapted from: Once a Month Mom
Gather ingredients and cookware.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Cut chicken into 4-5 pieces. I used tenderloins so they were ready to go. If using a chicken breast, try to cut it up into similar pieces.
Place plastic wrap on top of chicken.
Pound the chicken with a small sauce pan
until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
The chicken should be about this thin.
Season both sides of the chicken with black pepper, seasoning salt, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and parsley. I don't have measurements for these spices because I use about 3-4 dashes of each spice on each side of the chicken. This is the best technique I think for seasoning any kind of meat.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Hard to tell, but I did spray this pan.
Place one slice of bacon under each piece of chicken.
Roll the bacon and chicken up together.
If the chicken will not stay rolled, just use a toothpick through the center to keep it together.
Place the rolled up chicken seam down in the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or
until completely done!
Serve with rice and veggies, and enjoy!
I, seriously, dare you to try this recipe this weekend! Come on, I promise you it's going to turn out amazing! It's simple and easy plus it has BACON! Let me know how it turns out in the comments or on Facebook, Google +, Twitter, or Instagram! Send me a picture of it, too. Use the hashtag #tablefortwoplease so I can find your pictures easily.
Parties I link up at: This Gal Cooks Say Not Sweet Anne Rae Gun Ramblings Chef in Training Anyonita Nibbles The Tasty Fork Vintage Gwen Someday Crafts Dizzy Busy & Hungry