Adsense

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crock Pot Orange Chicken

Hi everyone! So I'm sorry I slacked on getting that recipe up on what to do with the leftovers from the healthy burritos. I'll try to get that up later this week. In reality, I need to set myself a schedule up for this blog, but it's been hard since I'll be starting school again soon. I'll hopefully figure that out in the near future. Anyways on to the new recipe.

Ok, so this is going to be the first flub on this blog. It's ok plus everyone makes mistakes and I think we should learn from our mistakes. In this case, I made something my husband didn't like. He didn't like it so much that after I finished enjoying it we had to go to Subway to get his dinner. Yea this wasn't the first time this has happened to me. Trust me in the first few years of marriage, it takes time to know what your husband likes and dislikes as far as food. Even though my husband didn't enjoy it and I had already taken all the pictures, I'm still going to share the recipe with you. So once again I found this recipe on Pinterest, what else is new!? The pin took me here and I thought it would be something my husband and I would enjoy. Boy, was I wrong! The recipe is extremely easy and I enjoyed it. Trust me my husband is an extremely picky eater so don't let that stop you from trying this recipe out!




Crock Pot Orange Chicken

Printer Friendly

Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 4 1/2 hours Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes
Servings: 2 with leftovers!

Ingredients

10 baby carrots or 1 large carrot diced
1 large green pepper, diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
4 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or 2 chicken breasts cut up into chunks
Salt
Pepper
Seasoning Salt
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 ounces orange juice concentrate
1 can Mandarin orange segments
3 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
1/2 cup uncooked rice

Cookware
Large cutting board
Small cutting board
Crock pot
Small sauce pan w/ lid
Knife
Kitchen shears
Teaspoon measure
Chopper


Preparation

1. Dice carrots, green pepper, garlic, and chicken.
2. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
3. Put carrots, bell peppers, garlic, chicken, ginger, additional salt and pepper, and frozen orange juice in crock pot.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Stir every couple hours to mix everything up.
5. Cook rice. (See below for pictures on how I cook rice)
6. Chop green onions.
7. Serve chicken on hot rice and top with oranges and green onions. Enjoy!

Step-by-Step Photos


 1. Gather ingredients and cookware.


1. Dice carrots,


green pepper,


garlic,


and chicken.


2. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.


3. Put carrots, bell peppers, garlic, chicken, ginger, additional salt and pepper, and frozen orange juice in crock pot.


4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Stir every couple hours to mix everything up.


5. Put 1 cup of water in small sauce pan and heat to boiling on high.


6. Once boiling, add 1/2 cup of rice and


cover and reduce heat to low.


7. Let simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, check rice and if bubbles are still present, cook for an additional 2 minutes until bubbles are no longer present. Don't uncover rice until ready to serve.


8. While rice is cooking, chop green onions.


10. Serve chicken on hot rice and top with oranges and green onions. Enjoy!

So even though I won't be making this recipe again, I hope it can become a regular in your kitchen. I will try to make a schedule for myself so I can post recipes more regularly. Leave any comments, suggestions, or questions below!

Happy Cooking!

Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...