Adsense

Monday, March 11, 2013

Spicy Blackened Chicken

Hi! Not sure if I should explain my absence from this blog for a few weeks. It's quite a simple explanation. School. That's it pretty much. Occupies most of my time. Ok, not all my time, I still have time to cook and look up a billion and one recipes on Pinterest. Like I said, I still have time to cook and I've cooked this recipe quite a few times and it comes out perfectly every time. It's super easy to prepare and the chicken is divine. Nice and moist in the inside and amazing blow your taste buds up flavor!

Ok, so as I'm typing this recipe up, I go to look for the link to the website where I originally found it. Well turns out that site has been disabled... odd. Anyways, I guess this recipe is mine now and I shall take all the credit! Just kidding, but I can't really give credit to the original recipe maker anyways... oh well. Enough about that, let's jump into my teeny tiny kitchen and get cookin'!



Spicy Blackened Chicken


Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2

Ingredients

1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1 tsp Red Pepper (Cayenne)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
2 tsp Paprika
Salt 
Pepper
Seasoning Salt

Cookware

Small bowl
Teaspoon
Large cutting board
Grill pan or large saute pan
Small baking pan
Tongs

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix all the spices together in a bowl except salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
3. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
4. Take the mixtures of spices and rub into each chicken tenderloin on both sides.
5. Spray cooking spray onto a grill pan or large saute pan. Heat on high heat.
6. Place chicken into pan and grill for 1 minute without turning. Turn over and grill for another minute.
7. Transfer chicken to small oven safe pan. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes or until juices are clear.
8. Plate, serve with favorite side, and enjoy!

Step-by-Step Photos


1. Gather ingredients and cookware.

1. Preheat oven to 350F.


3. Mix all the spices together in a bowl except salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.


4. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.


5. Take mixture of spices and rub into each chicken tenderloin on each side.


6. Spray pan with cooking spray and heat on high heat.


7. Place chicken in pan and grill for 1 minute without turning.


8. Turn and grill for another minute.


9. Transfer chicken to small oven safe baking dish.


10. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until juices are clear.


11. Plate,


serve with favorite sides, and enjoy!

I personally like to serve this chicken with my Baked Fries and saute up some vegetables. Of course, you can serve it with whatever your heart pleases or whatever your family likes. I hope you try this out and let me know how it turns out!

What is your family's favorite side dish?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...