Spicy Lime Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes Marinade time: 30 minutes - 2 hours Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
4 chicken tenderloins
3 tbsp oil
Zest of 1 lime
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
A few dashes of red pepper (cayenne)
1 Serrano chili minced
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1 lime cut into slices
Small and large cutting board
Grill pan or skillet
Small saucepan and spoon (optional)*
Note*: If you are going to use the marinade as a sauce, then you will need this cookware.
1. Zest lime and dice Serrano chili.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients except cilantro, lime, and chicken in a bowl.
3. Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
4. Add chicken and marinade to a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
5. Remove chicken from bag and place on a plate.
6. If you want to use the marinade as a sauce, pour the marinade in a small sauce pan. Boil for at least 2 minutes and stir so it does not burn.
7. Spray a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
8. Place chicken in pan and allow to cook for 4 minutes without turning.
9. Chop cilantro and limes while chicken is cooking.
10. Flip chicken and let cook on other side for another 4 minutes.
11. Plate, sprinkle with cilantro, and squeeze lime juice over chicken. Serve with sauce and rice if desired. Enjoy!
Gather ingredients and cookware.
Mince Serrano chili.
Mix the rest of the ingredients except limes, cilantro, and chicken in a bowl.
Season chicken with a few dashes of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
Add chicken and marinade to a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Remove chicken from bag and place on a plate.
If using marinade as a sauce, pour marinade in a small sauce pan. Boil for at least 2 minutes and stir to keep from burning. We don't use the marinade as a sauce because we love the chicken just as is.
Spray grill pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
Place chicken in pan and cook for 4 minutes without turning.
and chop cilantro while chicken is cooking.
Turn chicken over and cook on other side for another 4 minutes.
Plate, sprinkle cilantro, and squeeze limes over chicken. Serve with rice and sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Hopefully, you enjoyed this recipe and will try making it this week. If you do, I would love to know how it turned out, just let me know below in the comments. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcomed. If you would like to find more recipes with REAL food and other healthy living tips, check out thank your body!
How do you like to dress up chicken?