Adsense

Monday, September 30, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: 9/30/2013


Ok, it's the end of the day. You just worked your butt off for 8 hours or possibly even more. You are beat tired. Then all of sudden your stomach grumbles with such a ferocity that it could scare a small child. You need food... NOW! Ugh, you know there is nothing at home to cook, but yet you really don't want to have another drive-thru party. What to do? You are starving, dead tired, have no food at home, and you don't want another processed "chicken" sandwich for dinner.

GUILTY.... I totally had my own little drive-thru party last week. Yea, I was tired and did not feel like cooking. Plus Jack-in-the-Box was conveniently on the way home. Oh, well like I said it happens. The hard part is moving on and trying your best to not let it happen again.

Last week, I started sharing my meal planning tips and now I'll give you another tip to help.

Meal Planning Tip #2

So last week I told you to go out and collect recipes. Now, you have all these recipes, but what the heck do you do with them!? To make meal planning easier and quicker you need to organize your recipes. There are many different ways to do this, but a couple of my favorites are binders and the amazing site Cozi. If you need ideas on binders, I suggest you search recipe binders on Pinterest

Ok, so how do I use Cozi? Cozi has many different functions, but the one I use the most is the recipe box. I am able to store all my recipes here online and can even put a link in so I can go back to the original recipe site. I then print my recipes and keep them in a folder for easy access. It's easy and it works for me.

The big key is to just find what works for you. There are many different ways to organize your recipes and you just have to find a way that makes sense to you. Trust me it may seem tedious and unimportant, but having your recipes organized makes meal planning so easy. I'll give you another tip on that next week!

Weekly Meal Plan

Monday: Sesame Chicken
This is a new recipe that I did not make last week. So we will see how it turns out!

Tuesday: IN-N-OUT
Per usual


I made these once and they were great! 


Thursday: Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is a recipe I'm working on for the blog. It will be coming soon!

Friday-Sunday: No plans
Most weekends we just wing it and eat what we like. It's nice and allows me to keep to my meal plan during the week.

Have no clue about menu planning? It's ok head on over to OrgJunkie.com for more tips and info on menu planning. If you cook something this week, take a picture and post using #tablefortwopleaseWhat are you cooking this week?




2 comments:

  1. The Stuffed Peppers look delicious. We had Stuffed Peppers with Beef, Millet this weekend. They were so good my husband asked me to make them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the stuffed peppers are a winner at my house. Oooh those sound good, too. You always know you have a winning dish when the husband asks for it again! That's my goal every time I make a new dish.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...