Anyways, I have an amazing recipe to share with you today! If you love pasta and spicy food, then I would stick around if I were you. Let's hop into my kitchen and start making...
Gather ingredients and cookware.
Mince or grate garlic. I've discovered the awesomeness of grating garlic! Isaac does not care to eat chunks of garlic, but I use it in practically every single dish I make. So I've started to grate garlic, because it turns into a puree almost and Isaac doesn't run the risk of eating a chunk of garlic. I've also not noticed any change in flavor either.
Isaac also does not like chunks of tomato in any dish so I put the can of diced tomatoes in a blender and...
make a puree. The original recipe just adds the diced tomatoes as is. I actually prefer this way as well, but you can choose whatever way you prefer.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat.
Add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
Add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon oregano. Mix together for 1 minute.
Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste, can of diced tomatoes or tomato puree, and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Boil large pot of salted water for the pasta. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or according to the package.
Cut chicken breast into tenders or smaller pieces. For a good picture of a chicken tender size, go check out my recipe, Bacon Wrapped Chicken. I normally use tenders to grill and then cut up the chicken afterwards. Unfortunately, I thawed this already cut up chicken and I didn't realize til it was too late. Oh well, the pictures needed to be taken anyways.
Season chicken with black pepper and seasoning salt.
Spray grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
Grill chicken on one side for about 3-4 minutes
Then turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cooked completely.
Place chicken on a plate while pasta and sauce are still cooking. If you used chicken tenders on the grill, cut up the chicken into smaller pieces now.
Drain pasta once done cooking. Add sauce to pasta and stir together.
Plate pasta and top with chicken. Garnish with basil and Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
Alright now you have to go and make this delicious recipe! Then, you have to come back and tell me how much you loved it... or hated it! If you do make it, take a picture and send it to me on Facebook, Instagram, or Google +. Use the hashtag #tablefortwoplease so I can find all your pictures!
Chicken Arrabiata Pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
7 oz wholewheat rotini
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders
Small cutting board
Large cutting board
1. Dice onion and mince garlic.
2. If desired, put chopped tomatoes in blender or food processor to puree.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon oregano. Mix together for 1 minute.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, can of chopped tomatoes or tomato puree, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Boil a large pot of salted water for pasta. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or according to package.
7. Cut chicken breast into tenders or smaller pieces. Season chicken with black pepper and seasoning salt.
8. Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Grill chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Drain pasta. Cut up cooked chicken into pieces. Add sauce to pasta and mix together. Plate pasta and top with chicken. Enjoy!