Adsense

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Scrumptious Sunday Shopping No. 1

Hello! So I've decided to start another series here on my blog. As you can see, I've titled this series Scrumptious Sunday Shopping! So, every Sunday I do my meal planning and grocery shopping for the entire week. This allows me to only buy what we need for the week and not have to make several trips to the grocery store throughout the week. I've been doing this process for several months and not only has it saved me time, but we have saved money, as well! In this series, I will include a little snap shot of what we bought at the grocery store and also include my menu plan for the week. So let's see what we bought this week and what I plan on cooking this week for dinner!




This is what I bought this week as far as groceries. This is really small compared to what we normally buy each week. We ate out more than usual last week and so I had a lot of meals leftover to make this week.

Monday


Pasta Primavera: A simple pasta with veggies in a homemade creamy sauce.

Tuesday


Spicy Lime Chicken: Chicken marinated in lime and coconut juice, grilled and topped with cilantro and green onions. Served over rice.

Wednesday


Chicken & Black Bean Taquitos: Chicken and black bean mixture rolled and baked in tortillas. Topped with lettuce, homemade salsa, and cheese. You can find my recipe post of Chicken & Black Bean Taquitos here.

Thursday
Right now, I have my clinical on Thursdays which I spend 12 hours at the hospital. When I come home, I'm extremely tired and so we usually just eat out on this day.

Friday
Spicy Beef and Rice: This is actually a new recipe I'm trying this week. It's beef, vegetables, spices, and rice all cooked and combined together. 

Saturday


Healthy Chicken Tikka Masala: A healthier version of the traditional and fatty dish. Chicken in a spicy curry sauce, topped with cilantro and served over rice.

Sunday
Spicy Chicken Wings & Oven Fries: Yet, another new recipe this week! I like to try 1 to 2 new recipes each week. This is just a jerk seasoning on chicken wings and then cooked in foil. I'm going to serve these with my oven fries.

Well, that's my plan for meals this week! Hopefully, you see something you may want to try as well. Or maybe I inspired you to menu plan or try a new recipe! Either way I hope you end up in the kitchen at least once this week. Suggestions, comments, and questions are always welcomed! What are you planning to cook this week?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...