Adsense

Monday, November 5, 2012

Food for Two Pics No. 4

Hello everyone! Ok, so instead of giving a sorry excuse why I haven't blogged in two weeks, I'm just gonna ignore that and jump right in. I will say that I've noticed I've been rotating a lot of the same recipes lately so I'm just going to start posting what we ate each week even if I've cooked it in the past. I may even start taking pictures of the food I eat when we eat out. This just allows me to post more pictures and hopefully do these posts more consistently. Anyways, let's see what we ate this past week!



Yakisoba with Beef
So, this is what we ate Sunday night. This is definitely a favorite because of all the flavors and spicy food. I adapted my recipe from this video. Ok, confession I watch quite a bit of Youtube videos and one channel is BenjiManTV. He mainly does recipe videos and talks about healthy foods. It's pretty good and you should check out some of his videos.


Slow Cooker Jambalaya
This was a new recipe I tried out on Monday this week and it turned out quite wonderful. Hubby gave it a 6 out of 10 which in my book is good enough to keep this recipe around! This dish is spicy, flavorful and extremely easy to make. This was a Pinterest find and you can find the recipe here.


Spanish Chicken with Chorizo & Potatoes.
If my husband could decide his last meal, this would be it. When I ask him to rate a new dish, he always says, "Well it's not the Spanish Chicken, but it's still good." This is by far his favorite dish that I make. Not sure if everyone knows what chorizo is, so it's just a spicy Mexican sausage made from beef or pork. This sausage is extremely tasty and greasy! I found this recipe on Pinterest, as well, and I adapted my recipe from this recipe.


Breaded Baked Chicken
So, I decided to make an oldie, but goodie recipe on Wednesday. This is definitely one of the few favorites that we have kept around. I actually did a recipe post on this one and you can go back and take a look at it!



Mexican Chicken & Rice
So, I made this recipe in the past and it turned out pretty good except I didn't cook the rice long enough. So I tried this recipe again on Saturday night and I did end up cooking the rice long enough. In the end, the dish was just ok for our taste and I've retired the recipe to the trash can. I will say it's a good dish, but it just didn't suit our taste buds. Of course I found the recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here.

Overall, this week I was proud of myself for cooking the majority of the week. The other days we just ate out, but next week I'll try to include more of those pictures in the post, as well. Suggestions, comments, and questions are always welcomed! Let me know what you ate last week? Did you try out a new recipe and did it work?

Happy Cooking/Instagramming!

Katrina






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...