Adsense

Friday, February 1, 2013

First Impressions Friday: Black Bean, Spinach, & Corn Enchiladas

Hello fellow food lovers! Hopefully you had a great week and maybe made some accomplishments in the kitchen department! Either way, it's FRIDAY and that's something to celebrate unless you work in the restaurant business and I unfortunately know that as an employee of a restaurant we do not look forward to the weekends. Anyways, let's just get on to the point of this post and see what we tried out this past week...

Psst... if you are new to the blog, each Friday I tell you about how the hubby and I enjoyed or not so enjoyed a new recipe I made within the past week. So this week we made....

Black Bean, Spinach, & Corn Enchiladas



My impressions: Ok, so I saw this recipe and I was like ooooo that looks yummy. Seriously, did not realize it was a total vegetarian recipe until Isaac mentioned it. Oh well, still wanted to try it out plus it's good to cut out animal protein every once in awhile. So I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. It was extremely delicious and the sauce had a nice little kick. The vegetables and cheese made a great filling! I seriously had no complaints about this recipe, it was terrific. So I give this recipe a 9 out of 10.

Isaac's (aka hubby) impressions: So as soon as he knew this recipe was not going to have any type of animal protein, he was a little afraid. Thankfully, after a couple years of training, he is ok with trying new things. In the end, he actually really did enjoy the enchiladas. To him the only thing missing was some type of animal protein like beef or chicken. I thought about it and decided next time I made these I would use the chicken from my Chicken Tacos in the Crockpot recipe to add to the filling. He loved that idea and said it would be great! Isaac gives this recipe a 7.5 out of 10.

Ok, so overall, I think this recipe shall be sticking around. Next time I'll put shredded chicken in and I know that will make Isaac happy. If you want to try this recipe on your own, you can check it out here. If you do make it, let me know your impressions about the recipe below.

How was your week in the kitchen?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...