Chicken Tikka Masala
Prep time: 10 minutes Marinade time: 1-2 hours Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenderloins
6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp red pepper
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 serrano chili
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp salt
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1-2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup cilantro
Large cutting board
Large skillet with lid
Small cutting board
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Season chicken with a few dashes of black pepper and seasoning salt.
2. Put the chicken in a large bowl and all marinade ingredients: yogurt, lime juice, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, salt, and ground ginger.
3. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Take only chicken out and cook in skillet until done, or about 5-7 minutes. Discard marinade. Once done, cover chicken to keep warm.
5. Mince garlic and serrano chili.
6. Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and serrano chili and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala, and salt. Stir to combine well.
8. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring every couple of minutes.
9. While sauce is simmering, chop cilantro.
10. Stir in the cream: 1 cup for hot-medium, 2 cups for medium-mild.
11. Add chicken to sauce and mix together well.
12. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Adapted from: Mattawa Mum
Gather ingredients and cookware
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Season chicken with a few dashes of black pepper and seasoning salt.
Put chicken in a large bowl and add all the marinade ingredients: yogurt, lime juice, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, salt, and ground ginger.
Mix together and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high.
Take only chicken out
and cook until done or about 5-7 minutes. Discard marinade. Cover chicken to keep warm.
Mince serrano chili
Melt butter in large pot on medium heat.
Add garlic and serrano chili. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add coriander, cumin, paprika, garma masala, and salt
Stir to combine well.
Add tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes and stir every couple minutes.
While sauce is simmering, chop cilantro
Sauce done simmering after 15 minutes
Add cream. 1 cup: hot-medium or 2 cups: medium-mild
Stir well to combine.
Add chicken and stir to mix together well.
Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!!!
I have tried countless number of recipes to try and recreate this dish and this is by far the best one! Isaac even agrees that it tastes like the Chicken Tikka Masala from an Indian restaurant. Seriously, try this recipe out and let me know how it comes out! Did you like, love, or hate it!? Do you have a favorite Indian dish?
Parties I link up to: Rae Gun Ramblings Vintage Gwen Southern Lovely 504 Main Romance on a Dime Someday Crafts The Mandatory Mooch The Shabby Creek Cottage Living Better Together Tatertots and Jello Whipperberry Chef in Training The Tasty Fork Nifty Thrifty Things Homemaker on a Dime The Foley Fam This Gal Cooks Say Not Sweet Anne Anyonita Nibbles Be Different, Act Normal Six Sisters' Stuff