Adsense

Friday, June 7, 2013

First Friday Impressions: Greek Turkey Burgers

So I know I said last week that the Tomatillo Salsa Steaks we tried last week were by far the best new recipe we tried. Well, yea I take that back.... This week's recipe was out of this world!!!! Seriously, I'm sitting here thinking about it and wishing that I still had more of it. Ok, to keep you from waiting in suspense let's get on with the review of...


Greek Turkey Burgers


Ok, don't judge by this picture because it's seriously hard to take a good mouth watering picture of a burger. Go on you try it!


My impressions: Ok, like I've already said a few thousand times.... this was absolutely AMAZING!!! The turkey meat is jam packed with flavor from spices, roasted red peppers, onions, garlic, and feta cheese. The recipe also included one for a dill mayo. This mayo is out of this world!!! I'm honestly going to be using it as my mayo for everything from now on. The dill flavor from the mayo gives the taste of pickles without actual pickles. I honestly would give this recipe a 10 out of 10!!!!

Isaac's impressions: So I got him to try the dill mayo first and he did not like that all. I think he became a little apprehensive at that point. Well he tried the burgers and he fell in love just as much as I did! Whoo hoo! He really loved how much flavor the burgers had and I made them so big he got full off one! Isaac gives this recipe a 9 out of 10!

Suggestions/changes: The changes that I made to the recipe were: take out the olives because we don't like olives, I used dry dill instead of fresh because I couldn't find any fresh, I roasted my own red bell pepper because I already had one, and I added a dash of red pepper flakes to the burger mix for our usual kick. 

Isaac did not care for the pita bread as a bun so next time I'll just get regular burger buns. I think if you are having a hard time finding pita bread than just go with regular buns. I liked the pita bread but it was a bit hard to eat with it. As far as toppings we only put lettuce and red onion since we aren't big fans of tomato. Honestly, I would just put what you like on it!

Ok, so now that I've described this amazing, delicious burger you are probably wondering where the heck can you get the recipe. That my friends is easy. Just click on over to Greek Turkey Burgers! I found this recipe on a wonderful site called Simply Scratch! I love this blog because all the recipes are made from scratch which is the kind of cooking I love to do! If you get a chance you should check it out!

I highly suggest you go get this recipe and try it out this weekend! Even if it's not great grilling weather, you can still make these bad boys inside! I made Baked Fries as a side and it was great. I also think some grilled corn on the cob would be good as well. If you try this out, tell me about how much you love this recipe or how much you didn't care for it. Did you try a new recipe this week? How did it turn out?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...