Alright, we made it to day 4 of 3 Course Valentine's Dinner for Two! If you are new to the series, check out what the series is all about by clicking that link above! So far we have made the first course, Sausage & Potato Soup, and part of the second course, Roasted Broccoli. Today we will be finishing up the second course. So let's go to my kitchen and start cooking...
Gather ingredients and cookware.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Dice red bell pepper.
Lay steak out on a large cutting board and cover with plastic wrap.
Using a rolling pin, pound the steak til about 1/4 inch thick.
Season steak with a few dashes of pepper, seasoning salt, and paprika. If you want to make it spicy, add a few dashes of red pepper flakes, too.
Place about 2 slices of cheese on each steak.
Add around 1/4 cup of diced bell pepper on top of cheese.
Lay a piece of prosciutto over the red bell pepper and cheese.
Add about 1/4 cup baby spinach on top of each steak.
Roll steak up into a log-like bundle.
Cut 3 pieces of kitchen twine for each bundle. Lay the pieces of kitchen twine on the cutting board like up above.
Tie each bundle in three places with kitchen twine.
Sprinkle flour over each bundle and rub it in.
Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
Place the steak bundles in the frying pan
and brown on all sides for about 30 seconds - 1 minute per side.
Spray a small glassware pan with cooking spray and transfer the browned bundles to the pan.
Baked until cheese is melted or about 25 minutes.
Remove kitchen twine and serve as is or cut into slices. Enjoy!
This steak is so flavorful and juicy. It's the perfect dinner for a special occasion or heck simply just because I want steak! Tomorrow we will be moving onto the third course, Red Velvet Cupcakes for Two with Cream Cheese Icing
Stuffed Steak Bundles
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
3/4 pound flank steak or thin sliced carne asada
1 red bell pepper
1 cup baby spinach
3 pieces prosciutto
6 slices provolone
1 tablespoon flour
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Small cutting board
Large cutting board
Large frying pan
Small glassware pan
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Dice red bell pepper.
3. Lay steak on a large cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to pound the steak until about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Season all sides of steak with pepper, seasoning salt, and paprika. If you want the steak to be spicy, add some red pepper flakes.
5. Place cheese on steak and then diced red bell pepper over steak. Next, place the prosciutto and baby spinach.
6. Carefully roll each steak into a log-like bundle. Cut 3 pieces of kitchen twin per steak bundle. Tie each steak bundle in 3 places with kitchen twine.
7. Sprinkle flour over each steak bundle and rub all over the bundle.
8. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Place each steak bundle in frying pan and brown on all sides for about 30 seconds - 1 minute per side.
9. Spray a small glassware pan with cooking spray and transfer the steak bundles to the pan.
10. Bake until cheese is melted or about 25 minutes.
11. Remove kitchen twine and serve as is or cut into slices. Enjoy!
Adapted from: A Spicy Perspective