I cannot believe we have made it to day 4 of 3 Course Valentine's Dinner For Two! If you would like to start from the beginning of this series, then just click that link above! Now, that I have shared all the recipes for the food, it's time to figure out how to put it all together. I'm going to try my best to give you a good order to start cooking the recipes and tips to make sure everything comes out together!
Order of Cooking/Baking
1. Either the day before or the morning of the dinner I suggest to bake the Red Velvet Cupcakes for Two. Don't forget to allow about 4 hours for the cupcakes to cool.
2. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the Cream Cheese Icing. Don't forget to take the cream cheese and butter out to soften 6 hours before. Also allow time for cream cheese icing to harden in refrigerator, if desired.
3. About 2 hours before you want to eat, start making the Sausage & Potato Soup. While chopping vegetables for the soup, go ahead and chop the vegetables for Stuffed Steak Bundles and Roasted Broccoli.
4. Once the soup is simmering, finish preparing the Stuffed Steak Bundles. Once the steak bundles are in the oven, finish preparing the Roasted Broccoli.
5. If you do not have two ovens, cook the steak bundles and roasted broccoli simultaneously at 400F.
6. If the soup finishes before the steak and broccoli, just keep simmering until the rest of dinner is done.
7. While everything is cooking, ice the cooled cupcakes.
8. Once everything is done cooking, keep the stuffed steak bundles and roasted broccoli in the oven turned off to keep warm. Serve the soup, then the stuffed steak bundles and roasted broccoli, and top it all off with the cupcakes!
Now, I'll give you a timeline of when and what to do as an example. This timeline will be for cooking and baking everything in one day.
8:00am: Remove cream cheese and butter from refrigerator to soften.
10:00am: Bake cupcakes and set out to cool.
2:00pm: Make cream cheese icing. Refrigerate icing if you want it to be harder.
3:00pm: Start chopping the vegetables for each recipe. Continue preparing the soup.
3:30pm: Hopefully the soup is simmering by now, but if not just keep going it's ok. Once done with the soup, start preparing the steaks.
3:45pm: Steaks should be in the oven. Finish preparing the broccoli.
4:00pm: Broccoli should be in the oven. The soup should be done simmering now, so finish preparing the soup and keep on low to keep warm.
4:15pm: Ice the cupcakes.
4:30pm: Check the steak and broccoli to see if they are done. Once done, turn off the oven and leave steak bundles and broccoli inside to keep warm.
4:45pm: Serve dinner and enjoy!
I believe these are all the tips and tricks I can think of to help you out. If you have any other questions or concerns, just ask away! I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
I have truly enjoyed this series and can't wait to have another one! I plan on either doing series or different posts other than my Menu Plan Monday and recipe ones once a month. If you have any suggestions on other things you would like to see on here, just let me know! I'll end with a recap of the menu.