Adsense

Friday, January 18, 2013

First Impressions Friday: Garlic Chili Chicken

Hello everyone! Hopefully you had a successful week in the kitchen this week and if not it's ok, just keep trying! Honestly, it takes time and practice just like with everything else. Anyways, let me tell you about the new recipe we tried out last week. I found the recipe on one of my go to websites for recipes: Once A Month Mom. They do monthly meal plans that you cook up in one day and freeze for the entire month. I've never done it or tried it out, but instead I just check out the recipes and use them for everyday use. The new recipe this week is...

Garlic Chili Chicken


My impression: I actually really enjoyed this recipe! The chicken was sweet, but it still had a bit of kick to it. I decided to pair it with rice and veggies which I think was great. I will say I did mess the recipe up a bit because instead of buying coconut oil I bought coconut milk. Oops! We all make mistakes. So I tried to mix a bit of the coconut milk with a bit of canola oil to try to make coconut oil. It kind of worked, but I bet the chicken would have a different flavor with the coconut oil. I'll have to make it again with the right ingredients. I'd say I give this recipe a 8 out of 10.

Isaac's (aka hubby) impression: Hubby definitely enjoyed this recipe. He thought the chicken was flavorful and he ate all of his. He wanted to eat more, but when I calculated the calories for the chicken it was a lot. We've been counting calories for awhile now and it's taught us how to eat smaller portions and of course a bit healthier. Anyways, he loved the chicken, but it was just too caloric for him. Oh, well it can just be a special treat every once in awhile. I may see if it would be less if I used the coconut oil instead. He rates this recipe at a 7 out of 10.

So another great recipe that hopefully I can make quite often. I hope you enjoyed this post and if you want to try this recipe out for yourself you can find it here. Questions, suggestions, and comments are always welcomed!

How was your week in the kitchen? Did you actually cook this week?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...