Adsense

Friday, January 11, 2013

First Impressions Friday: Peanut Sauce with Chicken

Hi! So I'm back with another First Impressions post. I found this recipe on a favorite food blog I like called Budget Bytes. I follow her Pinterest boards so whenever she posts a new recipe I always go check it out. So this week I tried to make........


Peanut Sauce with Chicken




My impression: So I was very excited to try this recipe because this is Thai inspired and I always have trouble making Thai dishes. So I made the sauce and it came out waaaaaaaay too peanuty for our taste, but we managed to save it! Together we looked up other recipes for peanut sauce and we saw that it was missing vinegar. I added a couple tablespoons of vinegar and some cayenne pepper to spice it up more and it turned out great! Next time I make it I'll definitely be adding the vinegar and extra cayenne pepper for spice and probably less peanut butter. I give this dish a 7 out of 10!

Isaac's impression: He helped me fix the sauce and make it taste great. He said good job and that it actually tasted like a Thai dish. He enjoyed it and even got seconds! He gave this dish a 7 out of 10 too!

Overall, this dish will definitely be a repeater and plus I want to perfect it to our tastes! If you want to try this recipe out for yourself, you can find it here. Suggestions, comments, and questions are always welcomed in the comments below!

What new recipe did you try out this week?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...