Adsense

Friday, January 25, 2013

First Impressions Friday: Mongolian Beef

Hi! I'm back with another First Impressions recipe. This past week we tried out Mongolian Beef. I will say this was the first time I've ever made this dish and it was also my first time ever eating Mongolian Beef. So I really did not have any expectations other than it tasting good. On the other hand, I did have my one and only critic, Isaac (aka hubby), to tell me all the goods and bads about this dish. Let's see how we liked or disliked...

Mongolian Beef


My impression: Ok, so like I said before I've never even had this dish in a restaurant so my expectations were low. I did really enjoy it because it had a sweet and spicy flavor. I did choose the wrong beef to make this dish. I picked up stewed beef chunks because it was already cut and then I realized that this meat needs to cook for awhile. Ooops. Other than that I really did not have any complaints about this dish. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Isaac's (aka hubby) impression: So literally as we are sitting down to eat this dish, he decides to tell me that he really doesn't care for Mongolian Beef. Really dude!? Not cool, but anyways he did come up with some helpful suggestions to make it better. He said that it needed dragon sauce. I have no clue what that is, but he said it would make it spicier and more flavorful. Guess I will have to look up what the heck that is. He was not very thrilled with this first attempt, but seriously this happens the majority of the time. If he likes a dish on the first time I make it, then it's a home run of dish! So Isaac gives it a 6.8 out of 10.

I think I have some tweaking to do on this dish before it's really good well at least for Isaac's taste buds. If you would like to try this recipe out for yourself, you can find it here. Hopefully, your family is not as picky as mine! Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Try a new recipe recently? How did it turn out?

Happy Cooking!

Katrina



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...