Chicken & Peanut Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
2 cloves garlic
2 inches fresh ginger
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 lb. chicken breast
1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 medium lime
1/4 cup bunch cilantro
1 cup cooked rice
Small & large cutting boards
1. Mince garlic and peel and grate ginger
2. Cut up chicken into small pieces. Season with a few dashes of black pepper and seasoning salt.
3. Place 1 Tbsp of oil in a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Saute for about 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken to pot and cook until browned or around 7-10 minutes.
5. Start cooking rice
6. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the coconut milk and peanut butter. Stir gently to combine until relatively smooth.
7. Add 2 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, and juice from half of the lime. Stir to combine and heat through or about 10 minutes.
8. While sauce and chicken are cooking, chop cilantro.
9. Plate rice, sauce with chicken, and top with cilantro. Enjoy!
*Note: To make it spicier, add a few dashes of cayenne or red pepper. To make it taste less like peanut butter, add another Tbsp of vinegar.
1. Gather ingredients and cookware.
Peel and grate ginger
Cut up chicken into small pieces
Season chicken with a few dashes of black pepper and seasoning salt
Add 1 Tbsp of oil to large pot and heat on medium.
Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes
Cook until browned or around 7-10 minutes
Turn heat down to medium-low and add coconut milk and peanut butter
Stir until combined
Add 2 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, and juice from half of the lime
Stir to combine and let simmer for about 10 minutes
While the sauce and chicken are simmering, chop up the cilantro
Plate up and enjoy!
Seriously, this dish is sooooo good that you should make it tonight for dinner! I adapted this recipe from Chicken in Peanut Sauce from Budget Bytes blog. This blog is really awesome for finding new recipes especially if you like foreign cuisine or love cooking with Sriracha! Ok, so please let me know if you try this out and what you think about the dish. Just leave it below in the comments!
What's your favorite Thai dish? Have you ever tried Thai food?
Parties I link up to: A Diamond in the Stuff Rae Gun Ramblings Vintage Gwen Southern Lovely 504 Main Romance on a Dime Someday Crafts The Mandatory Mooch The Shabby Creek Cottage Living Better Together Tatertots and Jello Whipperberry Nifty Thrifty Things Homemaker on a Dime The Foley Fam This Gal Cooks Say Not Sweet Anne