Adsense

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday First Impressions: Chicken Arrabiata Pasta

Ok, so apparently I'm subconsciously trying to make my husband like Italian food. I think it may be working.... Last night, I made this Chicken Arrabiata Pasta. So I found this recipe through Youtube. Yep, you read that right... Youtube and not Pinterest. I have a mild obsession with Youtube and I've found a few cooking channels that make really good recipes. Anyways, I figured this would be a good Italian dish to try out on the hubby since it has a spicy red sauce. Pretty much any recipe that is spicy will generally pass the hubby taste test. Alright let's see what we thought about...

Chicken Arrabiata Pasta


My impressions: So as with every single new dish we tried, I loooooooved it of course. Honestly when it comes to food it does not take much to make me happy. I loved the sweet and spicy flavor of the sauce. I will say it was missing some fresh basil though. I had bought some and it went bad by the time yesterday came around... sad times. Overall, I really enjoyed this recipe and I gave it a 7.8 out of 10.

Isaac's impressions:  Ok, so Isaac was extremely skeptical of this dish because one it's Italian and two it involves tomatoes which he's not crazy about. I really think he wanted to go out to eat instead, but he endured and tried it. He really enjoyed the chicken and actually liked the sauce because of the spiciness. The fact that he liked it is a success in of itself. Isaac rated this dish at a 7.5 out of 10.

Suggestions/changes: So of course every dish can always be improved upon. One thing I did change about this recipe is that once the sauce was done simmering, I put it in a blender. Isaac refused to eat the sauce with the chunks of tomatoes in it so I just blended it all together. I think the sauce was even better this way. Isaac also suggested we add some vegetables next time. We were thinking about adding just some red bell pepper.

I would say this recipe was a success! Another one to add to the list of recipes. If you would like to try this dish out on your own, just click on over to Chicken Arrabiata Pasta. There's even a video there to help you out! Tell me your favorite Italian dish to make! Did you try a new recipe this week? How did it turn out?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...