Adsense

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday First Impressions: Sun-Dried Tomato and Chicken Pasta


Who doesn't love a good, creamy, cheesy pasta every once in awhile? We generally try to watch our cream and cheese intake, but every once in awhile we just need to indulge. Like most of the recipes I find, I found this one on Pinterest as well. Seriously, that site is sooooo addicting and just makes it easy to find a new recipe to try. Ok, on to the point let's see what Isaac and I thought about this pasta dish!



Sun-Dried Tomato and Chicken Pasta




My impressions: I thoroughly enjoyed this dish! I loved the creaminess and cheesiness to it! Also the red chili flakes add a little kick that's barely noticeable (only to me since we eat a lot of spicy food), but still a nice kick. I've always loved the flavor sun dried tomatoes give to a dish. I seriously loved this dish, but come on who doesn't love a good pasta dish?! I really wouldn't change anything about this dish except that I need to figure out how to make this for two. Every single time I make it, we have like 3 containers of leftovers which is fine, but that means I'll be eating all 3 of those containers. Isaac hates leftovers. So for the final score I give this recipe is a ... 9 out of 10!

Isaac's impressions: So for once, I actually got Isaac to articulate exactly what he liked and didn't like about this dish. Yes! So let's start with the pros. To him the dish did not have a lot of salt, but still had good flavor. This is big because he is all about how flavorful a dish tastes. Another pro is he said that he would eat it again. Another big thing because if it passes his taste test then you bet it's a good dish. Ok now for the cons. Ok, so he's not crazy about Italian food. Even though I know this, I try to push the limits and make him try something every once in awhile. Also he's not crazy about creamy dishes. And one more thing is he said it was more sweet than spicy which is one of the many reasons why he does not like Italian food. So overall he gave this dish a ... 7.8 out of 10!

Ok, I'll take that score for a dish. At least he said he'll eat it again and that is good enough for me folks. Now, I just need to figure out how to make 2 servings instead of like 20 servings. If you would like to try this recipe out for yourself, just hop on over to this blog! Let me know if you try it out and tell me if you like it!

What's your favorite Italian food?








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...